Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for beginners in the k – 5 grade levels. It gives students a complete tutorial of the program know as TuxPaint and will teach the different tools you have at your disposal. There will be quizzes and project that will have you apply the skills that you just learned.Description:
In this course there are 5 modules that cover all the basics of the free computer software Tux Paint. This course will not only teach the young elementary aged student (recommend grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade) how to paint virtually, but it also teaches them how to enhance and grow creatively. They will learn basic computer and creative skills in a fun hands-on way.
- Module 1 covers the introduction of this course.
- Module 2 introduces the kids to Tux Paint and a few of the tools that they will need to begin using the software.
- Module 3 continues teaching the remaining three tools within Tux Paint and shows them how they can use all of those tools together to create art.
- Module 4 covers the tool within Tux Paint known as Stamps. This is a fun addition within the software that the students will enjoy exploring and using to create..
- Module 5 is the final module of the course and explores the “magic tools” within Tux Paint teaching students how they can be creative and manipulate their artwork already created.
This course is developed to be 1 semester in length for students grades k – 5. (See Lesson Plan Below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Learning the Tools (part 1)||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Project||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Learning the Tools (part 2)||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Project||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Tux Stamps||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 4 – Project||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Using Magic in Tux||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Project||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|