Intro to Programming – Scratch Part 2
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for beginners in the k – 5 grade levels. Students will learn more about Scratch and some of the more advanced sections of Scratch like cutom blocks. Like Scratch part 1 there will be quizzes and proejcts to test your skills.Description:
In this course there are 4 modules that cover everything from building a game in Scratch to creating custom blocks in Scratch.
- Module 1 covers the introduction to building a game in Scratch.
- Module 2 covers geometric shapes.
- Module 3 helps you understand message broadcasting in Scratch.
- Module 4 covers creating custom blocks in Scratch.
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 4 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Building a Game||Week 1||Module 1 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 1 – Project||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Creating Geometric Shapes||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Project||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Message Broadcasting||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Project||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Creating Custom Blocks||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 4 – Project||Week 4|
|Final Project||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|