Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grade level 6-12. You will learn the free online presentation software known as Prezi. With prezi you can make captivating presentations and since it is an online presentation program you are able to access your presentation anywhere you have an internet connection. There are videos and quizzes throughout the course to teach you how to use the program.Description:
In this course there are 7 modules that cover everything from the introduction of Premiere to Exporting your videos.
- Module 1 covers the introduction to Prezi.
- Module 2 covers all the different plans Prezi offers and walks you through how to create an account.
- Module 3 helps you understand the interface of Prezi.
- Module 4 covers how to add content to build your presentation. You’ll learn how to add titles, text, images, frames, and more to enhance your Prezi.
- Module 5 covers arranging content in Prezi. You’ll learn how to align, rotate, and layer to make your Prezi more attractive.
- Module 6 shows you how to navigate your Prezi and how to create steps for your audience as you present it. You will also learn how to finalize your Prezi.
- Module 7 shows you the different ways in which you can present your Prezi. .
Every module after module 1 will have a journal entry for the student to complete. They will practice their typing skills using an interactive space game, testing their speed and accuracy. They will record the results in their journal.
This course is developed to be 1 semester in length for students grades k – 5. (See Lesson Plan Below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1||Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Getting Started||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Understanding the Interface||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Adding Content||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Arranging Content||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 6 – Navigating Paths||Week 5|
|Module 6 – Quiz||Week 5||Module 7 – Presenting Your Prezi||Week 6|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 6||Study for Final Exam||Week 7|
|Final Exam||Week 7|