Photography 4Kids – Level 2
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for beginners in the k – 5 grade levels. Student will expand upon the skills that they leanred in level 1. There will be new videos that teach you different skills and there will be quizzes to test those skills.Description:
In this course there are 5 modules that go a little bit deeper into the photography basics that began being taught in the “Level One” course. This specific “Level Two” course is designed more for younger students (grades 3rd-5th) and is taught by 2 animated child-friendly instructors. This course covers every simple thing any child needs to know before using and when using a camera. Some kind of camera is required for this course. A Kid’s Camera is recommended and can be found here: VTech Kidizoom Camera Pix . But, the child could also use a Point and Shoot Camera as another option.
- Module 1 covers the introduction of this course.
- Module 2 is where the students will dig deeper into photography and learn that it’s more than just taking a picture.
- Module 3 will introduce the students to a few basic composition rules.
- Module 4 will go deeper into the remaining basic composition rules.
- Module 5 wraps up the course and talks to them about a the different types of lighting in photography.
As an elective course, we recommend one module per week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5-6 weeks to complete all modules, assignments, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Digging deeper||Week 2||Module 3 – Basic Composition Rules (part 1)||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Project||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Basic Composition Rules (part 2)||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 4 – Project||Week 4|
|Module 5- Understanding Lighting||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Project||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|