Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grade level 6-12. In this cousre students will learn how to use Word. You will learn how to insert shapes and images, how to make tables, and much more throughout this course. There are also quizzes after every video to test your new found knowledge.Description:
In this course there are 9 modules that cover everything from basic navigation to creating forms.
- Module 1 covers some simple shortcuts and basic navigation of the course.
- Module 2 covers simple formatting of your document and more advanced shortcuts.
- Module 3 covers formatting paragraphs and also shows you how to properly use the Spelling/Grammar Checker. s
- Module 4 shows you how to properly work with Styles and Themes.
- Module 5 shows you how to properly work with Lists.
- Module 6 shows you how to properly work with Tables
- Module 7 shows you how to properly work with and use Graphic Displays
- Module 8 shows you how to properly work with and use Bibliographies and Indexes
- Module 9 shows you how to create and use forms in Word 2013
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 6 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – The Basics||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Simple Formatting, Shortcuts, and Document Navigation||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Formatting Paragraphs and the Spelling/Grammar checker||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Working with Styles||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 5 – Working with Lists||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 3||Module 6 – Working with Tables||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Quiz||Week 3||Module 7 – Working with Graphic Displays||Week 4|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 4||Module 8 – Bibliographies and Indexes||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Quiz||Week 4||Module 9 – Creating Forms||Week 5|
|Module 9 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|