Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grade level 6-12. In this cousre students will learn how to use PowerPoint to make amazing presentaitons as well as some of the settings you can edit inside of PowerPoint. There are videos and quizzes throughout the course that will teach you skills and then test those new skills.Description:
In this course there are 10 modules that cover everything from basic navigation to sharing your presentation.
- Module 1 covers basic navigation of the course.
- Module 2 covers Design and Organization
- Module 3 covers Adding Text and Objects
- Module 4 covers Modifying Formatting and Themes
- Module 5 shows you how to add Photos and Graphics.
- Module 6 covers Charts and Graphs
- Module 7 shows you how to properly work with SmartArt
- Module 8 covers Animations and Transitions
- Module 9 covers Presenter View Secrets
- Module 10 covers Sharing your Presentation
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 6 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – The Basics||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Design and Organization||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Adding Text and Objects||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Modifying, Formatting, and Themes||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 5 – Adding Photos and Graphics||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 3||Module 6 – Charts and Graphs||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Quiz||Week 3||Module 7 – SmartArt||Week 4|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 4||Module 8 – Animations and Transitions||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Quiz||Week 4||Module 9 – Presenter View Secrets||Week 5|
|Module 9 – Quiz||Week 5||Module 10- Sharing Your Presentation||Week 5|
|Module 10 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|