Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grade level 6-12. In this course you will learn how to effectively take notes using OneNote. There will be video instructions as well as quizzes to test your new found knowledge.Description:
In this course there are 9 modules that cover everything from basic navigation to sharing and collaborating.
- Module 1 covers basic navigation of the course .
- Module 2 covers Pages and Subpages .
- Module 3 covers Working with Notebooks
- Module 4 covers Adding Content
- Module 5 shows you how to format your notes
- Module 6 covers Viewing and Organizing in OneNote
- Module 7 covers Templates and Formatting
- Module 8 covers Working with Tables
- Module 9 covers Outlook Interaction
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 6 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – The Basics||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Pages and Subpages||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Working with Notebooks||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Adding Content||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 5 – Formatting Notes||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Viewing and Organizing in OneNote||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 7 – Templates and Formatting||Week 4|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Working with Tables||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 9 – Outlook Interaction||Week 5|
|Module 9 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|