Intro to Google Apps
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grade levels 6-12. This course will introduce studnets to all of the different apps that Goolge has to offer, like Docs, Slides, Sheets and more. THroughout this course you will learn how to use these apps and be tested on your new found knowledge of these apps.Description:
In this course, there are 5 modules that cover everything from basic navigation to creating forms, drawing, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Module 1 goes over the basic layout of Google Drive and shows you how to use some of the tools available.
- Module 2 focuses on Google Docs and how to use it.
- Module 3 shows you how to properly work with Google Sheets.
- Module 4 covers Google Slides and some of its features.
- Module 5 covers Google Forms and teaches you how to create and share forms.
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 6 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – The Basics and Navigation||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Getting to Know Google Docs||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Google Sheets||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Google Slides||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Google Forms||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|