Intro to Electronics
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for beginners in the k – 5 grade levels. Studnes will learn the basics about electricity as well as create some of their own circuits using their snap circuits kit.Description:
In this course there are 5 modules that cover everything from the introduction of Premiere to Exporting your videos.
- Module 1 covers what electricity is, the history of electricity, and some key figures in electricity history.
- Module 2 covers how electricity flows.
- Module 3 covers Conductors and Insulators, including what they are and their differences.
- Module 4 covers the different components involved with electricity and electronic circuits.
- Module 5 covers Series and Parallel Circuits and their differences.
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – What is Electricity?||Week 1||Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – How Electricity Flows||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Conductors and Insulators||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Electronic Components||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Parallel and Series Circuits||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 5|
|Final Exam||Week 5|