Internet Safety 4Kids
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for beginners in the k – 5 grade levels. It goes over some very important rules to follow while on the internet as well as some helpful tips on how to avoid running into any trouble on the internet.Description:
In this course, there are 4 modules that cover everything from internet safety basics to cyberbullying.
- Module 1 is an introduction to the course which covers the objectives of the course.
- Module 2 explains internet safety basics.
- Module 3 goes over dealing with strangers online.
- Module 4 discusses cyberbullying.
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 10 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Internet Safety Basics||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Dealing with Strangers Online||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Cyber Bullying||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Final Exam||Week 3|