Google Apps 4Kids
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for beginners in the k – 5 grade levels. Studnets will learn about the different Google apps like Docs, Slides, Sheets, and more. There will be tests and projects throughout the course to test the skills you learned.Description:
In this course, there are 7 modules that cover everything from creating a Google Applications account to calculating your lemonade stand profit.
- Module 1 will introduce students to the instructor and give a brief overview of what they will learn throughout the course.
- Module 2 will teach students how to create a Google Applications account and will use Google Docs to show them how to brainstorm ideas for their lemonade stand.
- Module 3 will teach students how to properly present their ideas using Google Slides.
- Module 4 will teach students how to use Google Drawings to make a logo for their lemonade stand business.
- Module 5 will teach students how to use Google Drawings to create a flyer that will advertise their lemonade stand.
- Module 6 discusses how to use Google Sheets to set up your lemonade stand inventory.
- Module 7 will explain how to calculate profit using Google Sheets.
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules/week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 7 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below).
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Course Overview||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Creating an Account/Brainstorming||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Project||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Presenting Your Ideas||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Project||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Marketing Materials (Logo)||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Project||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Marketing Materials (Flyer)||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Project||Week 4|
|Module 6 – Setting Up Your Inventory||Week 5||Module 6 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 6 – Project||Week 5||Module 7 – Calculating Profit||Week 6|
|Module 7 – Project||Week 7||Module 7 – Quiz||Week 7|
|Final Exam||Week 7|