Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for 6-12 grade. This course will introduce students to the world of making videos. Throughout the course there will be videos, quizzes, and projects that will teach you some essential videography skills as well as letting you test on and apply those skills in the quizzes and projects.Description:
In Digital Videography 1 there are 5 different modules that will introduce you to this photography editing software.
- Module 1 Introduction
- Module 2 covers Understanding Your Camera.
- Module 3 covers Mastering Exposure.
- Module 4 covers Shooting Techniques
- Module 5 covers Shooting Your Video
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Understanding Your Camera||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Mastering Exposure||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Shooting Techniques||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Shooting Your Video||Week 4|
|Final Project||Week 4|