Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for 6-12 graders. In this course students will learn all about the basics of Digital Photography. They will learn what is actually in a camera that makes it work to learning some fundamental methods of photography to make their photos more professional. There will be quizzes, videos, and projects throughout the course to enhance your learning.Description:
In this course there are 7 modules that cover everything from the basics of dSLRs to shooting pictures.
- Module 1 is an introduction to the course and the tools you will be using for this course.
- Module 2 explains what dSLRs are and some of the settings used on them.
- Module 3 covers Shooting in Automatic
- Module 4 covers Working with Light
- Module 5 goes over composition rules for digital photography.
- Module 6 helps you understand aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Module 7 covers Shooting in Manual
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules per week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 7 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes/assignments, and leave time for studying for and taking the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Explaining dSLRs||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Shooting in Automatic||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Project||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Working with Light||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Project||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Composition Rules||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Project||Week 5||Module 6 – Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO||Week 4|
|Module 6 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 6 – Project||Week 5||Module 7 – Shooting in Manual||Week 6|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 6|
|Module 7 – Project||Week 6|
|Final Project||Week 7|