Camtasia Studio 8
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grades 6-12. In this course you will learn about the video editing software called Camtasia Studio 8. Throughout the course there will be video and quizzes to help you learn.Description:
In this course there are 8 modules that cover everything from basic navigation to producing and sharing your videos.
- Module 1 covers the basics and navigation of the course.
- Module 2 covers Screen Capture Setup and Recording
- Module 3 covers Editing Basics
- Module 4 discusses editing audio
- Module 5 covers Media and Features
- Module 6 covers Captions.
- Module 7 shows you how to properly use advanced features
- Module 8 shows you how to Produce and Share your videos
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – The Basics||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Screen Capture Setup and Recording||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Editing Basics||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Editing Audio||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 5 – Media and Features||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Captions||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 7 – Advanced Features||Week 4|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Producing and Sharing||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 5|
|Final Exam||Week 5|