Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for beginners in the k – 5 grade levels. Studnets will learn the website called Blogger. There will be test and projects throughout the course that will put the skills you learned to the test.Description:
In this course there are 5 modules that cover all the blogging basics that any elementary kid should know. They will learn a new website (blogger.com) which teaches them the basics of writing and computer skills. Students will learn how to think on their own and how to come up with new and creative topics for writing. They will be able to express their own opinions and ideas within writing on their own personal blog site.
- Module 1 covers the introduction of this course.
- Module 2 is where the students will learn how to create their own blog and get a basic intro into blogger.com.
- Module 3 is where students will begin to write their very first blog entry. They will learn what all is involved with that and how a proper blog should be.
- Module 4 covers how to add outside content such as pictures, videos, and links into their blog entry.
- Module 5 shows the students how to format their blog entry to look presentable when sharing online.
As an elective course, we recommend one module per week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5-6 weeks to complete all modules, assignments, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Creating a Blog||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Project||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Writing a Blog Entry||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Project||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Adding Outside Content||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 4 – Project||Week 4|
|Module 5- Formatting Your Blog Entry||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Project||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|