Advanced Digital Photography: Storytelling
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for 6-12 graders. In this course students will learn how to tell a story using only pictures. There will be no text or audio to help pull the story together. There will be vidoes, projects, and quizzes to help teach you the skills required to make a story only using pictures.Description:
In this course there are 4 modules that cover basic and advanced tips and tricks you need to know about visual storytelling.
- Module 1 covers the introduction to the course and then gets into how to find a story and what a story should look like.
- Module 2 goes over the elements of a good storytelling photo.
- Module 3 covers some tips and tricks for storytelling. This includes some the student will already know and some new tips specific for visual storytelling.
- Module 4 wraps up the course by covering the 6 basic storytelling shots which the student will have to include in their 6-part final project.
As an elective course, we recommend one module per week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5-6 weeks to complete all modules, assignments, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Finding a Story||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Elements of Storytelling||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Tips & Tricks||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 4 – 6 Storytelling Shots||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Work on/Prepare for Final Project||Week 6|
|Final Project||Week 6|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|