Advanced Digital Photography: Shooting Indoors
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for 6-12 graders. In this course you will all about what it’s like taking pictures inside. You will learn how to handle lighting, framing, and much more. There will be vidoes, quizzes, and projects to amplify your learning experience.Description:
In this course there are 5 modules that cover basic and advanced tips and tricks you need to know about all different types of indoor photography.
- Module 1 covers the introduction to the course and explains the usually complicated topic of white balance.
- Module 2 goes over something really special and that is studio necessities and terms that students will need to know if/when they pursue photography in the future.
- Module 3 goes even deeper into talking about studio lighting and talks about 4 basic, simple to set up studio lighting techniques.
- Module 4 covers the well known indoor lighting technique known as window lighting.
- Module 5 is a special topic module all about how to correctly capture Christmas lights. Included in this module is a super simple, fun, and exciting DIY trick to use when shooting Christmas lights.
This course is developed to be 1 semester in length for students grades k – 5. (See Lesson Plan Below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Understanding White Balance||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Project||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Understanding Lights||Week 2|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Indoor Portraits||Week 3|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Using Window Lighting||Week 4|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 4 – Project||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Capturing Christmas Lights||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 5 – Project||Week 5|
|Work on/Prepare for Final Project||Week 5|
|Final Project||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|