Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for 6-12 grade. In this course students will learn how to make edit videos using Adobe Premiere. There will be vidoes for students to follow along with as well as test to quiz them on what they just learned.Description:
In this course there are 7 modules that cover everything from the introduction of Premiere to Exporting your videos.
- Module 1 covers the introduction to Premiere and lets you know where to purchase it.
- Module 2 covers getting started within the application.
- Module 3 helps you understand the workspace and the many tools within it.
- Module 4 covers editing basics.
- Module 5 covers editing audio.
- Module 6 shows you how to add effects and titles.
- Module 7 shows you the options available for exporting and how to export your videos.
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 6 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Getting Started||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Understanding the Workspace||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Editing Basics||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Editing Audio||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 6 – Adding Effects and Titles||Week 5|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Module 7 – Exporting the Video||Week 6|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 6|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 6|
|Final Exam||Week 6|