Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grades 6-12. In this course students will learn about Adobe InDesign. There will be videos that the students will follow along with and then there will also be quizzes to test the students on what they just learned.Description:
In Adobe InDesign CC there are 5 different modules that will introduce you to this photography editing software.
- Module 1 Introduction
- Module 2 covers basic navigation and tools
- Module 3 covers setting up a document
- Module 4 covers working with text
- Module 5 covers using and understanding frames
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Getting to know InDesign||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Setting Up a Document||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Working with Text||Week 3|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Using and Understanding Frames||Week 4|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 5|
|Final Exam||Week 5|