Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info: Download PDF
This course is written for grades 6-12. In this course you will learn how to use Adobe Illustrator. There will be videos for students to follow along with and quizzes to test your new found knowledge.Description:
In this course there are 9 modules that cover everything from the introduction of Illustrator to working in and saving your artwork in Illustrator.
- Module 1 covers the introduction to Illustrator and lets you know what you can do with and what it can do for you.
- Module 2 will teach you some basics of Illustrator and go over certain terms and tools.
- Module 3 covers working with Artboards and Layers in Illustrator.
- Module 4 covers creating and manipulating shapes in Illustrator.
- Module 5 teaches you how to work with color in Illustrator.
- Module 6 discusses add type in Illustrator.
- Module 7 shows you how to work with outside graphics in Illustrator.
- Module 8 covers how to use Illustrator’s Pen tool.
- Module 9 discusses how to save your artwork in Illustrator.
As an elective course, we recommend one or two modules / week. Therefore, we feel that this course should take approximately 5 weeks to complete all modules/quizzes, and leave time to study, and take, the final exam. (See Lesson Plan below)
Course Prerequisites (if applicable):none
- Computer– Students must have access to a computer with internet access and an internet browser. Simply STEM has been successfully tested using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. In addition, we have tested many versions of smart phone/tablet browsers as well.
Internet Access – Although results may vary, based on connection type and speeds, we have tested our online videos on DSL, Satellite, Cable, and cellular connections. Our courses cannot be download and require internet access to view them.
Grading will be based on quizzes, project uploads, and teacher requirements.Lesson Plan:
|Module 1 – Introduction to Illustrator||Week 1|
|Module 1 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Getting Started||Week 1|
|Module 2 – Quiz||Week 1|
|Module 3 – Working with Artboards and Layers||Week 2|
|Module 3 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Creating and Manipulating Shapes||Week 2|
|Module 4 – Quiz||Week 2|
|Module 5 – Working with Color||Week 3|
|Module 5 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Adding Type||Week 3|
|Module 6 – Quiz||Week 3|
|Module 7 – Working with Outside Graphics||Week 4|
|Module 7 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Using the Pen Tool||Week 4|
|Module 8 – Quiz||Week 4|
|Module 9 – Saving Your Artwork||Week 5|
|Module 9 – Quiz||Week 5|
|Study for Final Exam||Week 5|
|Final Exam||Week 5|